This Supreme Pizza Dip is a new generation recipe that can be served up as an appetizer, made ahead, and baked right before your guests come over. Fantastic for football games like superbowl Sunday. Topped with mushrooms, peppers, red onion, and cheese. Your guests will be surely drooling.
Every Christmas eve was spent in the kitchen making our homemade Italian sauce that was passed down in our family for generations. My grandmother was the one who showed me the ropes on how to make this sauce. Honestly it is still a tradition in our family. Therefore, something new we do now is make some different Italian recipes to change up some of the tradition. Hence we have grown a new generation feel to our old recipes.
It was always very important to us to use fresh ingredients in any of our dishes. The pepperoni has to be a good aged brand. Grandma and I would eat it right off the large stick. Furthermore, the aged pepperoni should be dark in color and fantastic if it is aged in wine.
Those are the memories I miss so much with her. I do my best to try and continue those traditions on. Now, my family looks forward to Christmas when we make plenty of Italian food.
Now, I would like to share a video with you on how to simply make this Supreme Pizza Dip! Recipe will follow below the video. Enjoy!Print
Ricotta, red sauce, and veggies round out this simple appetizer for Supreme Pizza Dip.
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 8 cherry tomatoes; sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 to 12 slices of pepperoni
- 1 cup red sauce
- ⅓ cup bell peppers; chopped
- ⅓ cup portabella mushrooms; sliced
- ⅓ cup red onion; diced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 baguette; sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix ricotta, egg, salt, and pepper.
- In a pie dish, layer in the ricotta. Top with red sauce and then the cheese.
- Top with pepperoni. Add all the vegetables one by one to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Serve with baguette bread sliced and/or toasted.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian