Looking to make something fun and green for St’ Patrick’s Day? St. Patrick’s Day Bailey’s Jello Shots are perfect for green fun and filled with rum and bailey’s Irish cream. Make them and you’ll be the life of the party!
While I know that in Ireland the everything green isn’t as big as it is here in America. These jello shots are still fun to serve up for the holiday. I’d pair them with a hardy meal like this Irish Beef Stew.
St. Patrick’s Day Bailey’s Jello Shots timing
The best way to make these St. Patrick’s Day Bailey’s Jello Shots is to make them a day ahead before you plan to serve them. They take some time to prepare and a day ahead is great for that. Great for a party or social gathering.
To layer the jello shots they need to have the green first then set for a good two hours. After they are set and don’t have any liquid then the jello can have the second layer added. The bailey’s Irish cream layer can get bubbly if you whisk it fast.
As you can see the bailey’s was bit frothy in mine. It’s clear gelatin used for both the green and the clear. Vegan clear jello can be found at specialty stores or on amazon. Guest that are vegan or vegetarian will ask and it’s always nice to give them the option to enjoy jello too.
The frothy bubbles in the bailey’s makes the shot feel like a green pint of beer. I like the fun of it for St. Patrick’s Day. Seasonal drinks and crafts are my forte though. Making jello shots for parties I’ve must have done a million times.
The key to having fun jello at a party is to make sure everyone eats first. Secondly, make sure everyone drinks responsibly. If they aren’t then take and hide those keys. The reason I say hide is sometimes they wake up when your in bed and take the keys.
I like to put out meat and cheese boards or serve up a big pot of stew. This way I know for sure people have something in their stomachs before drinking. Nothing ruins a party like someone who’s had too much. Have fun with these jello shot and please drink responsibly.Print
Jello shots with green rum layer and a top bailey’s Irish cream layer.
- 2 boxes clear gelatin – 8 packs in each box
- 1 drop green food gel
- 1/2 cup bailey’s irish cream
- 1/2 cup silver rum
- Boil 1 cup water. In a bowl add 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup rum. Whisk in 4 packs of the clear gelatin and 1 drop green food gel. Add in hot water and whisk well.
- Set out tall jello shot cups. Pour 1/2 the way with green jello. Place in fridge and let set for two hours. The jello should be set. Check by shaking the cups. If you see liquid wait another hour.
For Bailey’s Layer:
- Boil 1 cup water. In a bowl add 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup bailey’s. Whisk in 4 packs of the clear gelatin. Add in hot water and whisk well.
- Pour bailey’s Irish cream layer over the top of the green layer. Let set for two hours in the fridge. The jello should be set. Check by shaking the cups. If you see liquid wait another hour.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Irish, St. Patrick’s, Jello Shots