Rudolph with his nose so bright will guide you to some delicious hot chocolate tonight. Rudolph hot chocolate bombs are the cutest Christmas treat and gift. Easy to make in just a day and perfect for the holidays.
Wow your guests at a party with these as a party gift. Make them same day or a day ahead. I put them in a cupcake liner and into a clear plastic gift bag. Three in a bag is the perfect gift!
First, be sure before you drop them into hot chocolate that you pull off the eyes, noses, and antlers. Eat them ahead then drop Rudolph into your hot milk about four cups.
For these Rudolph hot chocolate bombs I used sweet tooth dark chocolate candy melts. I also used M&M’s for the nose, large eye sprinkles for the eyes, and pretzels for the antlers.
Melt the candy melts to the instructions on the package, Some are a little different. I like to use sweet tooth fairy because I like the ease of how they melt.
Which Mold Do You Use?
After melting the candy melts I use a spoon to place some into the large dome mold. I use the large mold from Hobby Lobby. I prefer this mold as it is easy to remove it from the mold. Additionally, using a spoon to cover the entire mold is best. Make sure you don’t see through to the mold.
After 10 minutes in the freezer I make sure that the melts are dry then remove them from the mold. Using a pan I heat the bottom side of the dome. Fill with hot cocoa and marshmallows.
Heat the another dome and place the sides together, The chocolate will seal itself. Don’t rub hot chocolate on the outside. The key is to melt a little of the dome to make them even then place together.
Rudolph’s Nose and Eyes
If you happen to have a hole put cool melted chocolate on it or just melt again and remodel the dome. Using left over candy melts and a pastry brush, brush on cooled melted chocolate to the back of the eyes and nose. Place it on and hold for about a minute.
Break some pretzel off and then using candy melts glue those to the top of the bomb. These Rudolph hot chocolate bombs are so fun to gift to kids! They will love making them while watching the Rudolph classic on TV.
Hope you enjoy these reindeer chocolate bombs. I have a few more hot chocolate bomb recipes here. Check them out below.
Hot Chocolate Bombs:
- 1 bag sweet tooth fairy chocolate candy melts
- 6 tablespoons swiss miss hot chocolate mix
- 15 marshmallows
- 6 pretzel's
- 6 large candy eyes
- 3 red M&M's
- Melt chocolate candy melts to the package directions in the microwave.
- Add chocolate candy melts to the large dome mold and spread with the back of a spoon. Do this in one thin layer to coat then place in freezer for 10 minutes. Take it back out and coat only where you can see through the mold. If you cannot see through the mold you do not need to add more. You want the bomb to stay together but not be too thick.
- If you add more to the see through spots then place back in the freezer for another 10 minutes. Remove and slowly pop out the each side of the bombs. Place on a plate.
- Heat a frying pan to low heat. Place one side of the bomb rim down onto the frying pan. This will lightly melt and even out the edges. Quickly add about two tablespoons cocoa mix to the bomb and marshmallows. Melt the other side of the bombs rim and then place evenly with the other side.
- This will seal them together evenly. Do not add hot chocolate to the outside as it will just melt the bomb. If you have a small hole use cooled melted chocolate to close the hole. Do not use hot melted chocolate.
- Using the excess candy melts. Dip a brush into the the chocolate and add some to the back of the eyes. Place the eyes on the hot chocolate bomb. This will act as a glue. Do this for the M&M as well for the nose. Clip off a piece of each of the pretzels. Use the chocolate to glue them to the top of the ball. You may need to hold it to the ball for about a minute. Let dry.
- Remove antlers and eat before doing the next step. Same with the candies. Serve in a cup and pour over hot milk to dissolve the bomb and stir well.