We don’t always do low carb items in our home but we wanted to try something a bit different. This is a easy weeknight dinner for low carb taco casserole that you don’t have to bake. Just broil the cheese over the top and add toppings. It’s as quick as frying the meat topping it with cheese then adding lettuce, tomatoes, and onions.
Low Carb Taco Casserole – Budget Friendly
This low carb recipe is also budget friendly. It can be made to feed four adults on a Taco Tuesday which is awesome! We actually had left overs so there is enough for a fifth person or lunch the next day. Low carb mexican beef casserole is just easy to make in a le creuset baking dish. The dish wipes out easily after dinner even with things like spaghetti bakes.
Broil Don’t Bake
Low carb ground beef casseroles are simply easy for those on a low carb lifestyle or diet. This layered taco pie is fantastic for parties, super bowl, and potlucks. Change up the toppings easily with what you would like or fits your diet. This is not baked it is broiled to melt the cheese. The ground beef is made on the stove with seasonings.
The ground beef takes about 10 minute or so to fry up on the stove. While the ground beef is cooking cut up the lettuce and tomato. The olives are just a small can of canned olives. By the time the beef is done cooking your ready to add the rest. Low Carb Taco Casserole is a budget friendly meal that cooks in less than 30 minutes.
For the cheese we used a sharp cheddar but the cheese can easily be switched out. Pepper jack and Mexican blended cheeses are just as good with this dish. If someone doesn’t like cheese it can be left off a section. This is what we usually do for our eldest son that doesn’t care for cheese as he is lactose intolerant.
Not in the mood for low carb taco casserole or looking for more low carb recipes. Check out this recipe for low carb shrimp scampi. Would you like to see more low carb recipes? If so, please let us know below.Print
Low carb ground beef recipe with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and black olives to make a taco casserole.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup white onion; diced
- 1 cup tomatoes; diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil; or avocado oil
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce; chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives; sliced
- 3 to 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese; cheese of choice
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place olive oil, ground beef, and onions into a saute pan. Brown meat.
- Drain grease if the grease doesn’t cook off. Leave some grease for moisture.
- Mix together cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and chili powder. Pour over beef and stir well.
- Chop tomatoes and lettuce. Place meat into a casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Broil on high till cheese is melted about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes, and black olives.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Broil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Low Carb Taco