This is my version of that Tuscan Beef Stew but Instant Pot Style. Instant Pot Tuscan Beef Stew is delightfully rich with stewed tomatoes, tender beef, and loads of vegetables. The instant pot takes the work out of having to slow cook the meat for hours. Probably the reason I love using it so much.
Soups have to be one type of food that I love to experiment with. Honestly, if I owned a restaurant it would probably be all kinds of different soups you could order. Hence, it probably wouldn’t do so well in the summer or I’d have to live somewhere cold.
Instant Pot Tuscan Beef Stew
So, what makes this stew different than a traditional beef stew. First, it’s the addition of stewed tomatoes that add a chunky texture to the soup. Second, it’s the herbs that are placed into the soup. For example, we replace the bay leaf that is in a traditional beef stew with oregano and basil to set the Tuscan beef stew flavors.
Cooking in the instant pot allows for the beef in this instant pot beef stew to cook in just 20 minutes. Hence, that’s fabulous for working mom’s and dad’s to cut the time it takes to make dinner in a third.
For instance, I work from home but this soup allows me to put it on and walk away. Therefore, having the time to walk away and do the work I need to complete.
Most importantly, this is made in my 6 quart instant pot. Additionally, the stew may need to adjustments to the amounts of the vegetables and liquid if cooking in a 8 quart pot or a 3 quart pot. For instance, with the 8 quart instant pot increase the amount of liquid. Furthermore, with the 3 quart instant pot reduce the amount of liquid and vegetables.
Try These Other Great Instant Pot Soups
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 2 - 14.5 0z cans of stewed tomatoes
- 4 carrots; sliced
- 10 mini red potatoes; quartered
- 3 stalks of celery; chopped
- 1 white onion; diced
- 1 - 32 oz beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 sprigs of oregano
- 4 to 6 basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In the instant pot, pour in the olive oil, diced onions, garlic, and beef stew meat. Set to saute mode and sear the outside of the beef. Turn off saute mode.
- Open and drain juice from stewed tomatoes. Add in sliced carrots, chopped celery, quartered potatoes, and two cans of stewed tomatoes.
- Pour in beef broth and water to instant pot fill max line.
- Top with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil leaves. Give it a good stir.
- Place lid on the instant pot. Set to high pressure for 20 minutes. Once the pot stops counting quick release pressure.
- Serve with garlic bread. May also be topped with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 656Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 1511mgCarbohydrates: 106gFiber: 11gSugar: 11gProtein: 39g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/