First, I am totally addicted to soups even in the summer. That’s when I hide out in the house working like crazy. Sometimes I need a good recipe for the instant pot like Instant Pot Taco Soup. Hence, I don’t want to heat up the entire house with the oven. Additionally it’s Texas and the humidity here is far too hot for that. Although the soup needs to have that feeling of summer. Therefore I eat it I can watch a fun movie like say Mamma Mia and chow down on a good bowl of hearty goodness.
Probably catch up on an episode of Vikings in between video shoots. My job isn’t just this blog. Additionally, I create video for businesses and such along with photography. However, it just depends on what is needed. Therefore I do just about everything these days. This instant pot taco soup is one I can put on the night before, have it for dinner, and for lunch the next day. Additionally, It’s nice to have a recipe that can feed four and then also lunch the next day.
Another thing about this taco soup is that it doesn’t all come from a can or have that crazy ranch seasoning in it. Hence this will taste like a taco in your bowl. Seriously! You can top it with cheese, sour cream, red onions, and even avocado. Additionally, I like using the avocado on top. Therefore I probably add a 1/3 of an avocado to each bowl I each. Due to growing up with an avocado tree I can eat avocado by the pounds.
Lastly, you can take out the corn to make this soup corn free or take out cheese for it to be dairy free. Additionally, the soup in itself is also gluten free which is pretty darn cool for dietary needs. This Instant Pot Taco Soup with be a easy favorite in your house if your family loves taco. Above all it’s great for taco Tuesday too!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes; sliced
- 1 anaheim pepper; diced
- 1 jalapeno; diced
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 white onion; diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can black beans; strained
- 1 can chili beans; strained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a pressure cooker/ instant pot, place ground beef and minced garlic. Cook on saute for 5 minutes. Toss in onions and cook for 2 more minutes. Add in taco seasoning and stir.
- Add in tomatoes, anaheim peppers, jalapeno, and corn. Top with chili beans and black beans. Stir well.
- Add in vegetable broth and water. Place lid on pot. Set to high pressure for 10 to 15 minutes. At 15 minutes the beans will be really soft. Release pressure manually.
Top with cheese, sour cream, onions, or avocado.
Keywords: Instant Pot, Taco, Soup
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!