It’s that time of year for me where I try really hard to eat healthy. The I promise I am not going to stuff my face with all the bad stuff. Then by summer all the barbecue and mixed drinks are floating around then I cannot help myself. A pressure cooker makes this easy for me. Not only can it do full meals but vegetables for side dishes or lunches are just as easy. This Instant Pot Huli Huli Hawaiian Chicken is so sweet for spring!
That sour but sweet pineapple with a sweet Asian barbecue taste to the chicken. Hence this is a dish you will be craving for summer time. Because it is light on the stomach with a filler of rice. Additionally it does not have many ingredients which makes it pretty easy to make from things in the fridge. Of course that all depends on what pantry essentials you keep. Certainly, soy sauce is a must in my house.
That little yellow bowl. Have you noticed it. It’s one I bought awhile ago for an Easter post and just never really found another way to use it. This is for people that love how to make food look pretty or your just a collector of all things kitchen. Maybe both? If so, then you are like me. I collect everything cute and kitchen. Especially, that adorable not perfectly round bowl or something I find at a local market that is one of a kind.
This was found at World Market which I like to shop through out each season and see what comes in new. Additionally, they have some foods from around the world that I love to pick up there if I cannot find it at the local grocery. However, I really wish they would carry Fazer chocolate.
They seem to have every other style from every other country but Finland. Look, I know Finland seems like it’s at the other end of the earth that still doesn’t mean we cannot find a way to carry Fazer right?Print
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast; 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger; grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic; minced
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- spring onions for garnish
- pineapple for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in pressure cooker with vegetable or chicken broth. Set to high pressure for 15 minutes (times vary per instant pot/pressure cooker). Release quick pressure when time is complete.
- In a bowl, mix in pineapple juice, soy sauce, tomato sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Whisk well.
- Set instant pot/pressure cooker to saute mode. Pour in mixture and stir well over chicken. The sauce will thicken over chicken. Top with pepper.
- Use pineapple and pineapple juice from the can for your pineapple. Pineapple for garnish and juice for the recipe.
- Once sauce is thickened around the chicken shred chicken and place in bowl over rice. Garnish with spring onions.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Hawaiian
Keywords: Instant Pot, Chicken
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!