Looking for a simple 30 minutes or less dinner in the instant pot. Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is a gluten free and dairy free soup made easy. With ground beef, potatoes, and frozen mixed vegetables.
What we love about cooking hamburger in the instant pot is the ease of it. If you get a good grass fed beef with 90/10 or 93/7 there is no need to drain the grease. However, if you use something like 85/15 then it needs to be drained.
We use grass fed because well there is less hormones in the meat. The ground beef is also easier on the stomach. If you have fresh vegetables they can be used but we use frozen mixed vegetables for ease.
Instant Pot and Frozen Vegetables
The frozen vegetables will cook in seconds so there is no need to add them till the end after the pressure has been released. If you put the frozen vegetables in during the pressure cooking process they will be mush. Just wait till the end and let them sit for a few minutes on keep warm.
To make this soup nightshade free just leave out the tomatoes. One of the reasons this soup is perfect for potlucks is that it’s dairy free and gluten free. Those needing to eat specific dietary meals can enjoy it just as well.
We are always looking for simple weeknight ground beef dinner recipes. A meal we can make and eat on more than once in the evening. Spiced with bay leaves, pepper, and salt it makes for a budget friendly instant pot meal as well.
Instant Pot Sizes:
This soup was made in a 6 quart instant pot. If you’d like to make it in an 8 quart instant pot add 1/3 more of each ingredient. If you would like to make this in a 3 quart instant pot then cut all the ingredients in half. This technique usually works with most instant pot recipes as well.
Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is a soup you’ll love in the winter and enjoy in the spring too. Use leftover ground beef from other meals just as well. Check out the list below for other great ground beef recipes to try.
Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes:
- 1 lb grass fed beef; 93/7
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 red skinned potatoes; diced
- 2 hot house tomatoes; diced
- 1 - 32 oz beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup yellow onion; diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Set instant pot to saute mode. Add in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add in onions and garlic saute for about 1 minute. Add in ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add in salt and pepper. Stir well. Add in potatoes and tomatoes. Stir well.
- Turn off saute mode. Pour in beef broth. Add two bay leaves.
- Place lid on the instant pot and set to sealed position. Click pressure cook or manual button. Set timer to 8 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps; release the pressure.
- The pot will move to keep warm. Add in vegetables and stir well. Wait about two minutes and they will warm up and be ready to eat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 1329mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/