We first hear about honeyed chicken in the book when Jon Snow is in Winterfell. The passage from the book states that Jon grabs some honeyed chicken for his direwolf Ghost. This Honeyed Chicken with little finger potatoes is the perfect meal to roast up on Sunday before a Game of Thrones episode. Who wouldn’t love to feast on Honeyed Chicken.
“Hungry again?” he asked. There was still half a honeyed chicken in the center of the table. Jon reached out to tear off a leg, and then had a better idea. He knifed the bird whole and let the carcass slide to the floor between his legs. Ghost ripped into it in savage silence. – George R. R. Martin
We all know the Starks including Ned Stark were not fond of Little Finger. What better to serve up Honeyed Chicken with then little finger potatoes. Pretty sure Sansa and Arya would have loved this meal! The hens are seasoned with honey and turmeric.
Many other honeyed chicken recipes featured raisins or lingonberries which I’m sure are great but something that would be better merried is honey and turmeric. They compliment each other and the Cornish game hen itself. Additionally, the potatoes soak up the honey and broth which become sweet and amazing!
Honestly, I’d love my own Ghost direwolf to share some honeyed chicken but my little Z dog will have to do. He loved the hens and wouldn’t stop circling back around to them in the kitchen for more.
With season 8 of Game of Thrones upon us this Honeyed Chicken with Little Finger Potatoes is a great meal to make to share with family and friends. Don’t forget to add a Mother Of Dragon’s Cocktail to go with that.Print
This Honeyed Chicken with little finger potatoes is the perfect meal to roast up on Sunday before a Game of Thrones episode.
- 1 bag fingerling potatoes
- 2 cornish game hens
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle baking dish with olive oil. Wash and add potatoes to the baking dish.
- Wash hens in cold water and place into baking dish. Top with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with honey and top with turmeric.
- Place baking dish in oven uncovered and bake for 30 minutes.
- At 30 minutes cover with foil and reduced heat to 375 degrees F.
- Back for an additional 30 to 45 minutes. Check that the chicken juices run clear and internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes for juices to settle before serving.
- Serve with potatoes.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Honeyed Chicken