I am was so excited for the Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie to come out on the 8th! I unfortunately missed seeing it in the theaters. Did you get a chance to see? If so, you have to comment below and tell me what you thought about the movie.
For fun, I thought it would be awesome to have a Captain America Ice Cream Cake to go along with watching the movie. Why? Well who doesn’t love Superheroes?
Did you know Heroes Eat M&M’s? I swear they do! (shakes head yes with big eyes). I am firm believer that Captain America himself would absolutely enjoy this Captain America Ice Cream Cake before he takes out the next bad guy! Or even makes another hero command at a god like Thor. You know that snarky Captain!
I hopped on over to the store to pick up my M&M’S® with some heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk. That’s about all that goes into this cake. It takes no more than 10 minutes to make and a few hours to freeze. I had my son separate all the M&M’s and I couldn’t keep them out of eating them. He said it was pure torture for me to make him separate the M&M’s. Hehe! He was my hero eating M&M’s and helping out his mama. Geez I cannot wait for tonight! Some chili, some Captain America Ice Cream Cake, and some Chris Evans in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Now, I know you ladies have to agree went I say he is pleasing on the eyes 😉 He’s also an extremely talented actor. (This post may include affiliate links.)Print
Cereal crust topped with no churn ice cream and red and blue M&M’s
- 1 – 32oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 – 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cereal or crushed graham crackers
- 1 bag of M&M’s; separate for reds and blues
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment fitted beat heavy cream for 4 minutes on a 2. Move it up every 2 minutes until you reach the 10. Once the heavy cream looks like whipped topping stop the mixer.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk and fold until smooth.
- Put crushed cereal or graham crackers at the bottom of the springform pan. Pour in half of whipped mixture. Top with some M&M’s. Pour the rest over the top of the M&M’s and top the cake with more M&M’s for decor.
- Freeze cake for 3 hours or until firm. Lightly heat the edge of the pan with warm water being careful not to wet the cake. Pop the springform lever open and remove. Slice with a warm knife and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!