Everyone in my household simply loves Cap’n Crunch. For a few years now, I have been baking some simple cereal cookies out of cake mix and cereal. The cookies are good but the texture was soft and just not like a traditional cookie. The creativity bug hit me smack dab in the face. Ooh! What if I took a butter cookie (basic) recipe and just tossed in Cap’n Crunch! To my surprise, I manage to have them come out perfect the first time. Pure luck!
I sent these bad boys to a few guy friends of a friend for taste testing. Hopefully, they will comment here and let us all know their opinion on these super dunking cookies. Capn Crunch Cookies!
After completing these cookies and being oh so proud of myself, watching everyone devour them, I headed over to Cap’n Crunch’s website to see that they actually have a different recipe. Yes, folks this is not their recipe. I am in the future planning on trying the Cap’n Crunch French Toast!
The perfect dunking cookie 🙂Print
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (I prefer vanilla bean bourbon paste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed Cap’n Crunch Berries
- 1 cup non-crushed Cap’n Crunch Berries
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until fully combined; to aerate.
- Melt butter completely in a microwave safe bowl. In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, and melted butter. Beat in the vanilla and eggs. Continue beating until batter is light and creamy. In increments, add in flour mixture, mixing after each addition.
- In a small bowl, crush 1 cup of the Cap’n Crunch with a potato masher. If you do not have a potato masher, put the Cap’n Crunch into a small zip lock bag and smash. Add crushed Cap’n Crunch to the dough mix, stirring by hand. Then add in the other cup of non-crushed Cap’n Crunch and mix well by hand.
- Place 1″ balls of dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until edges are a light golden brown. Remove from sheet to cooling rack.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American