I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client Land O’ Lakes.
One of the best part of the holidays for me is making treats to gift. Whether it be for a neighbor or friend or maybe evening a way to pay it forward in the community. This Cranberry Curd is a break off of the Tangerine Curd listed on Land O’Lakes holiday guide. It’s great for a seasonal gift and packages so simply into a jar. Just add ribbon or you can mod podge the lid with scrapbook paper.
Cranberry curd can be easily made and serves up well on toast, cookies, or crackers. I love to make it for future use to make dessert too. Great way to give a gift and help out a friend on a holiday dessert!
Save the left over cranberries when making the curd to use in a cranberry jam. This and more cranberries will make a beautiful jam to add to any cookie. Today, I am making some Finnish spice cookies topped with cranberry jam to pay it forward. I hope to deliver them to the nursery home that took care of my grandmother before she passed. Sometimes the elderly are forgotten and at Christmas they definitely should not be.
Here is the simple recipe and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below the recipe!
- 1 bag of cranberries
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter
- In a medium non stick pot, combine cranberries and water and simmer over medium heat. Cook until the cranberries pop and the liquid bubbles. The mixer will start to thicken. You may help mash the cranberries with a silicone spatula. Push the cranberries through a strainer, pressing well with your silicone spatula. Be sure to scrape all the puree from the underside of the strainer into a bowl. Reserve cranberries for a jam. Set aside juice to cool.
- Whisk together the three egg yolks and one whole egg until combined. Add in sugar and whisk until a light yellow cream color. Add cranberry juice to same non stick medium pot and combine the egg mixture to the cranberry puree whisking until well blended. Place over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the curd thickens and can coat the back of a wooden spoon. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in cubed butter one tablespoon at a time. Pour into a jar and let cool in refrigerator.
- Decorate lid and give as a gift or save for a toast or a beautiful dessert.
- Follow Land O’Lakes on Pinterest
- Enter your email in the form below and click “Enter”
- Pin any image from this post to any of your Pinterest Boards
- Visit the Holiday Treats Board and share your favorites.
Winner will be selected at random and it is one entry per person! Contest runs 11/25/13-1/14/14