Ramen tossed with carrots, shiitake mushrooms, snow peas, spring onions, and red bell peppers.
- 6 packs of ramen (seasoning removed)
- 1 cup snow peas
- ½ julienne carrots
- 2 red bell peppers; sliced into strips
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bundle of spring onions; chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic; grated
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Fill a pot with water and set to boil on medium heat.
- In a stir fry pan or wok, add in olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Add in snow peas, carrots, bell pepper, shiitake mushrooms, spring onions (chives saved to the side), and mung bean sprouts. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl and cover with foil.
- Add noodles to boiling water. Cook for no more than 3 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, add in grated ginger and garlic. Add in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and chili garlic sauce. Whisk well. Lower heat on stir fry pan or wok to low. Add in one tablespoon olive oil and add sauce to pan. Cook for about two minutes. Add in noodles and toss until well coated.
- Remove noodles to large bowl and toss with vegetables. Top with fresh chives and serve.
You may replace the brown sugar with honey and 1 teaspoon cornstarch for same effect.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Chinese