My teenagers love Wolf® Brand Chili and so does my hubby. It is what I have to keep on hand for those times when I don’t want to cook but they do. The love to make recipes like chili mac, Tex Mex Tostadas, and of course chili cheese dogs. It is a pantry staple in our house. I buy them in bulk otherwise I would be at store every few days while they insist I buy some.
They will usually just tell me not to worry about dinner so they can make their own chili mac. I am always trying to invent new ways to utilize Wolf® Brand Chili. We’ve used it in quesadilla’s also. Makes for a perfect week night dinner. They also great by the pool in the summer. Summer is over here though. We are all glad for that!
Tonight we are watching our daughter competition for state championships. In between the breaks I ran to the kitchen and whipped up these Tex Mex Tostadas. Don’t they look amazing?
We topped them with lettuce, tomato, and red onion. You can also add sour cream, cheese, and/or avocado. We just kept it simple tonight. As Texas’ #1 chili, Wolf® Brand Chili has a bold and flavorful reputation throughout the great state of Texas. Wolf® Brand Chili is a delicious addition to your down-home favorites like Corn Chip Pie, Frito Pie, and even Taco Pizza. I would love to know what you use your Wolf® Brand Chili in or on. Comment below and recipe links are always welcome.
TEX MEX TOSTADA
Tostada topped with Wolf® Brand Chili, lettuce, tomato, and red onions.
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 can Wolf® Brand Chili No Beans
- 1 can diced red and green chilies
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ red onion; diced
- 1 hot house tomato; diced
- ⅓ head of lettuce; chopped
- In a skillet, add ground beef, olive oil, and garlic. Fry until ground beef is browned. Add in can of diced chilies. Stir well and turn to low heat. Add in Wolf® Brand Chili and stir well.
- Dice tomato, red onion, and lettuce. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet on medium heat. Fry tortillas for about 1 minute each until crispy. Put on plate to cool and drain.
- Top tortilla with meat mixture, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Serve.
You may add sour cream, fresh avocado, or cheese to the top.
Cuisine Tex Mex