Delicious chicken and vegetables make up this delightful summer soup.
- 5 chicken leg drumsticks
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 cup peas
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large white onion
- 1 container of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package of stelline pasta (stars)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- In a large stock pot, add in chicken legs and cover with water ¾ of the way full. Add cumin to pot. Bring water to a boil and lower heat to low and simmer for about two hours until the water looks like a broth. It will be darker with oils.
- Bring the chicken back up to boiling for about 20 minutes. Reduce to low heat again. Remove chicken from the pot. Remove meat from the bones and add the meat back to the pot. Make sure that all bones even small are removed from the pot. Remove chicken skin also.
- Once all meat is added back cut tops and bottoms off the carrots, cut in half, and add them to the pot. They do not need to be diced as you will mash them later. Add diced onion and minced garlic to the pot. Cook until vegetables are soft. Pull out carrots and mash them with a fork and add them back to the pot. Add in extra chicken broth. Add salt and pepper. Bring back to a low boil.
- Add three handfuls of stelline pasta and 1 cup of peas. Cook until pasta is almost completely soft. Turn off pot and serve with french bread.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American