Are you super picky about dressings? I know I definitely pick apart dressings. Ranch dressing is huge here in Texas but it definitely is not my favorite. Love the red house dressing all Italian restaurants serve. Can never figure out what’s in it, in which that is why it is my next quest.
I was very lucky to receive the chance to review OXO’s new Salad Dressing Shaker. Love this product! It serious keeps my homemade dressings fresher longer and is a simple storage device that fits perfectly into the fridge door. The little lever on the top makes it easy to use and I love the suction that helps keep it fresh. Even cooler aspect is they gave me one for one lucky winner to win here on the blog (more below).
But before I just lead you right into the contest, I want to show off my new recipe for Strawberry Lemon Basil Dressing. It is completely vegetarian, healthy and tart!Print
- 1 package strawberries; tops removed
- 1 lemon; juice and zest
- 4 tablespoons Greek plain yogurt; I prefer Fage
- 10 to 12 leaves of fresh basil; right of the plant
- Olive oil
- Wash the strawberries. Take off tops.
- In a food processor, add in strawberries and basil. Blend for about 1 minute until pureed. Add in lemon juice and zest; careful not to let the seeds drop in. Add in the 4 tablespoons of yogurt and process till mixed well. Slowly drizzle olive oil into processor while running, stopping periodically to check the consistency; it should be thick but running, not too thin. Toss in salt and blend to mix well. Store dressing in container or glass jar in fridge. Saves for up to two weeks.
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!