Cucumber and avocado filled sushi topped with avocado and served with Kirin.
- 1½ cups sushi rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 large avocado; cut horizontal thin pieces
- 1 cucumber; cut vertical long pieces
- 3 sheets of sushi nori
- 1 –2 tablespoons chili sauce
- Few drops of wasabi
- In a sauce pan, add rice and water. Bring to a low boil and then lower heat and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is done. Cool rice.
- Take your bamboo sushi roller mat and layer it with plastic wrap. Place sushi nori flat on plastic wrap. Layer with rice on one half side of back. Flip over sushi nori with rice to where the rice is facing down onto the plastic wrap. Place 2 strips of cucumber and a few slices avocado inside. Using the roller, roll sushi forward and use roller to tighten the roll. Roll again and then tighten.
- Layer avocado slices over the top and top with plastic wrap. Tighten again. Leaving plastic wrap in place slice into sections. Remove plastic wrap and serve with a side of chili sauce and wasabi.
Serve with ice cold Kirin in a glass.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Japanese