Creamy spaghetti carbonara in an egg and cheese sauce.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup parmesan reggiano; (more for topping)
- 16 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 lb pancetta; diced
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Place pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Cook pasta as directed on the box. Do not strain or drain.
- Place diced pancetta into a saute pan. Cook on medium low heat until pancetta is crispy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks and parmesan cheese.
- With tongs pull noodles from the sauce pan and add them to the saute pan with the pancetta. Do this in group until all the pasta is in the saute pan.
- Add about 1/2 cup of pasta water to the saute pan. This helps make the sauce creamy from the starchy water.
- Pour in egg mixture and toss with tongs until well coated. If the sauce is to thick add more pasta water.
- Serve topped with parmesan and cracked black pepper.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Spaghetti Carbonara, Pasta