- 1 lb (16 oz) spaghetti noodles
- 2 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pancetta; diced
- 2 large cans of San Marzano tomatoes; peel whole tomatoes
- 4 to 6 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 to 2 cups Pecorino cheese
- In a sauce pan add pancetta, garlic and one tablespoon olive oil. Saute until pancetta is cooked.
- Fill a large pot with water, one tablespoon olive oil, and salt. Bring to a boil and cook pasta as directed while working on the sauce.
- Once pancetta is browned, add the San Marzano tomatoes by crushing them with your hands. Add sauce from can and crushed red pepper. Bring to a low boil. Add basil, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and reserve a bit of the water with it. Add pasta to a large bowl and toss with sauce adding the sauce in parts. Top with Pecorino cheese and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian