It’s basketball season! What that usually means in my house the on slot of harassing each other over who’s team is better. The odds of the game with plenty of fun foods and candy games. This Skittles Ice Cream Cake is perfect for your tourney parties. It’s only madness, if you don’t have Skittles.
First, I had to chase around the manager at Sam’s Club to get my favorite 54 oz bag of Skittles in order to make my Skittles ice cream cake and my slam dunk shooter cups. It seems the display wasn’t on the floor yet! Oh My! Luckily, they found it and set it up right on the candy aisle with the coolest #skittlestourney topper for the display. You have to see that court.
Then it was home to make the slam dunk shooters. First, came the chase around the kitchen from my two teenage boys that would not let me open the bag without some Skittles popping into their mouths before it went into the ice cream cake nor the shooters. The Skittles chase was on!
It’s really amazing how three pipe cleaners and a left over cup from new years can amuse your teenage boys for hours. Simply punch a hole in the cup. Attach two pipe cleaner through the hole and wrap. Then twist them together to make a your goal post. Loop the top for the basket and twist it off on the goal post. You can use another piece to make your basket look pretty if you want like I did here. Just bend into small sections and twist off at the back of the basket. You can slam dunk the Skittles or you can go for a 3-Pointer but just be careful not to rebound the rainbow! (this post may contain affiliate links)
Watch here how to make this Skittles Ice Cream Cake!
SKITTLES ICE CREAM CAKE
Yield 10 Servings
Made from skittles, heavy whipping cream, and sweeten condensed milk.
- 1 - 32 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 - 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1⅓ cups skittles
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment pour in the heavy whipping cream. Put it on a 2 or low and let mix for about 3 minutes until it starts to thicken. Bring up to a 4 and continue slowly up every 3 to 5 minutes as it thickens.
- One the mixture resembles whipped topping remove bowl and pour in the can of sweetened condensed milk and fold it into the whipped heavy cream. Fold in the skittles.
- In a spring form pan, pour in the mixture, and freeze for at least three hours.
- Pull from freezer and wet the sides of the spring form pan with hot water being careful not to wet the cake. Pop it open and serve on a cake stand. Let the cake sit for a few minutes to thaw a little before trying to cut it.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links by Amazon. If you purchase a product from one of our links, we could receive a commission from the seller. Rest assured, we only recommend products we believe in, and all opinions are 100% truthful.
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!