Roasted jalapeno soup with shredded carrots and a silky texture.
- 4 jalapenos’ de-seeded, de-ribbed, and roasted
- 2 carrots; grated
- 1 white onion; minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Wondra flour
- 1– 32 ounce box of chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and place de-seeded and de-ribbed jalapenos faced down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast jalapenos for 15 minutes till the skin is lifting from the jalapeno.
- In a medium sauce pot add minced onions and olive oil. Saute until softened. Add butter and Wondra flour. Stir well until thick. Add in grated carrots and jalapenos. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add in heavy cream. Stir well and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to low and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes until the soup is thick and creamy. If not thick enough you can add more Wondra. You may whisk lumps out.
- Serve with croutons, crackers, or by itself.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American