Every since I was a little girl I love to do road trips. My grandmother and I took one from Texas all the way to Maine and back down through the south. It was over a 16 state trip! We saw the coast, Ellis Island, and even Graceland. The blue grass highway in Kentucky that is beautiful but their is one scary hotel out there. I don’t think I would ever visit there again! I tell you we learned so many road trip hacks. We also learned how to pack a road trip snack pack. Today, I want to share with you what I learned from that trip and what I do on future road trips.
My first hack for a road trip is these super cute baskets that I picked up that we fill with snacks from Albertson’s. Shopping at Albertson’s is just convenient and easy. I like to get a big 20 pack of Doritos and Cheetos along with a 6 pack of Gatorade and a pack of Orbit gum. I put a few of each item into the baskets and sit them around the car where each person will be for easy access. This allow for no one begging me to pull over just to get something out of the far back of the car. Shopping at Albertson’s is just convenient and easy.
- Roll your clothing as it saves room for everyone to get their clothes into a small space. Less bags too.
- Always keep toilet paper in the glove compartment for emergency uses for side of the road stops and non stocked bathrooms.
- If traveling in colder weather keep a candle with you. If you break down that candle can save your life. You can also use this in case you break down at night.
- Mark places on the map that you would like to see and make those your restroom breaks. You get a two in one.
- Place a trash bag in the back or trunk to keep for trash on the go. Use a cereal container with lid for a no spill trash can.
- Use a shower caddy for spare fluids and cleaning supplies.
- Always keep a first aid kit in your glove compartment.
- With plenty of apps on the market you can use one to find the cheapest gas along your route.
- Bring an atlas as GPS is not always right.
- Pack plastic ware and napkins or wipes into a plastic bags for easy access and eat.
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!