Do you plan your fourth of July menu in advance? Looking around for new recipes to try and show off to friends and family on the fourth is a past time for me. This year the inspiration of fruit side dishes is high on the list. This Red, White, and Blue salad with Red Apple Balsamic from Devo Olive Oil Co. is truly tasty.
Though, last year the patriotic cake I tried to bake never came out. It was a complete epic failure. My cake pans were so old that the cake stuck. Instead we made a crumble cake with patriotic roses on top. It was still cute! This year the idea is to try my hand at a new ice cream cake with a patriotic theme. Do you have a recipe on your list for the 4th of July?
The one reason I love working with Devo’s vinegar’s is how well they pair with fruit, salad, or meat. In this dish, the red apple balsamic soaked beautifully into the white pearl fresh mozzarella and held that flavor through out the dish. Some fresh basil or rosemary would go fabulous in this dish. Instead I choose not to add any seasoning and let the fruit accompany the vinegar with its own natural flavors.
Just cannot wait for this years Independence Day festival. Old cars, funnel cake, and Rick Springfield. What could be more fun? This one vendor even has the best peach tea. Looking forward to a good evening with the family. What does your family do for the 4th of July? Do you have any family traditions or any special recipes you all make? If you do please feel free to post links in the comments.Print
- 1 package of blueberries
- 1 package of strawberries; sliced
- 2 cucumbers; quartered and sliced
- 1 container of fresh mozzarella pearls. drained
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of red apple balsamic vinegar
- Quarter and dice cucumbers then add to a large bowl. Add in blueberries with the cucumbers. Remove tops of strawberries and slice. Add strawberries in with the blueberries and cucumbers. Drain mozzarella pearls and a lightly toss with fruit mixture. Drizzle red apple balsamic vinegar over the fruit mixture while tossing lightly.
- Optional: Add fresh basil or fresh rosemary for seasoning.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American