Roasted red pepper sauce toss over fusilli pasta.
- 1 small white onion; diced
- 3 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 red bell peppers; seeds removed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 bag of fusilli pasta
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup parmesan; grated, shredded or flaked
- Cut off tops of red bell peppers and slice in half. Remove ribbing and seeds. Place with flesh side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Broil on high for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove peppers from oven and place in a glass or ceramic bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in bowl covered for 10 minutes. Once the time is up remove skins from peppers.
- You may use a food processor or immersion blender to puree the peppers. Add in heavy cream and milk. Puree again with peppers. Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook fusilli for 10 minutes or according to package directions.
- In a saute pan, add in garlic, onions, and olive oil. Cook on low until onions are translucent. Add in pepper mixture and raise heat to medium low. Add in paprika, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Cook for about ten minutes until sauce thickens a bit.
- Toss sauce over fusilli and garnish with parmesan.
You may serve this with chicken and parmesan bread.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American