Apple cider slow cooked pulled pork.
- 3 lbs pork shoulder
- 64 oz apple cider
- 32 oz container of vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 1 white onion, sliced into rounds
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 to 5 drops of liquid smoke
- 1 whole garlic; peeled
- Salt and pepper
- In a large crock pot, add in peeled garlic and pork shoulder. Slice onion into rounds and layer over the top of the pork.
- Fill crock pot half way with apple cider. Fill the rest of the way with vegetable broth. Add in cumin, paprika, liquid smoke, salt, and pepper. Turn crock pot on high to bring to a boil. Once the broth starts to boil lower to low and cook all night; generally about 8 hours.
- The next morning, with tongs, pull apart the pork and drop it into broth. Turn on high for about two hours to fully cook meat and allow the juices to soak in. Turn down to warm to keep for guests.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American