Caramelized chicken with red peppers and onion petals topped over steamed white rice.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast; cut into slices
- 2 red peppers; diced
- 1 onion; quartered and petaled
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (use gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1½ tablespoon ginger; grated
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (may replace with honey)
- 1½ tablespoon garlic; grated
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- ½ tablespoon Acala Farms Roasted Garlic oil
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In a large pot, add half tablespoon oil, peppers, and onion. Saute on medium heat until light browned. Put in a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wash pot and then add in half tablespoon oil and chicken. Cook chicken on medium heat until it is lightly golden brown.
- Mix all other ingredients into a bowl. Turn down heat on chicken and add sauce. Cook on low for about 2 minutes until the sauce has caramelized over the chicken. Add in pepper and toss well.
- Toss chicken with vegetables and serve over steamed white rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Chinese