Sometimes before V and I go out to dinner I make the teens something fast to eat. We usually sneak off and have a burger or a philly. It’s our bit of time to talk and enjoy each other with out all the other hustle and bustle of everyday life. Like the teen interrupting your conversation about a billion times. It’s fun for us and it’s a good excuse 🙂 This Peppered Chicken is just perfect for that.
With the weather her going from 41 to 74 degrees allergies hit like a pack of wolves. Everyone is complaining of headaches, sore throats, and nose issues. That’s when I like to break out the recipes full of garlic and ginger because they are antioxidants and anti inflammatory. You can’t beat some fresh peppers, onions, garlic, and ginger to kick the allergy bug. If I would have had local honey I would have simply replace the brown sugar in this recipe with it to help kick those allergies even more.
The only problem I had is my grater handle broke. Some magical fairy decided to put it in the trash which is a no bueno! I love to grate the garlic and ginger for this dish. No big chunks of strong fresh ginger in the mouth. I had to slice it pretty fine and chop it down. I guess it’s time to get a new set of graters in different sizes. Any good suggestions?
My daughter and eldest son just love chicken. She completely devoured this. The chicken a sweet and a tad spicy but the spice can be easily controlled in this recipe. For convenience I made two videos to share with you on how I cut the peppers, onions, and chicken and cook the chicken. This hopes that it will help make this recipe easier to make.
Caramelized chicken with red peppers and onion petals topped over steamed white rice.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast; cut into slices
- 2 red peppers; diced
- 1 onion; quartered and petaled
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (use gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1½ tablespoon ginger; grated
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (may replace with honey)
- 1½ tablespoon garlic; grated
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- ½ tablespoon Acala Farms Roasted Garlic oil
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In a large pot, add half tablespoon oil, peppers, and onion. Saute on medium heat until light browned. Put in a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wash pot and then add in half tablespoon oil and chicken. Cook chicken on medium heat until it is lightly golden brown.
- Mix all other ingredients into a bowl. Turn down heat on chicken and add sauce. Cook on low for about 2 minutes until the sauce has caramelized over the chicken. Add in pepper and toss well.
- Toss chicken with vegetables and serve over steamed white rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Chinese
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links by Amazon. If you purchase a product from one of our links, we could receive a commission from the seller. Rest assured, we only recommend products we believe in, and all opinions are 100% truthful.