Today, I am so the hero of every single scoop. With summer here and the fourth of July around the corner the teens are constantly bugging for ice cream sundaes, brownies, or banana splits. The oldest and I snuck off to the store to pick up some Nestle DREYER’S Frozen Custard (Old Fashioned Vanilla and Chocolate Malt) at Alberston’s to make Old Fashioned Custard Small Splits. They are small banana splits with custard and topped with whipped topping and a cherry.
I know when the others get home they will looking into the freezer for summer time snack and that’s when I will be their hero of every scoop! Don’t forget the sprinkles with red, white, and blue for the upcoming holiday. The chocolate malt tastes just like going to an old fashioned malt shop. Here in Texas those don’t exist. I could devour this custard by the buckets. And why not eat it by the buckets? Sometimes dessert before dinner is just the thing to make life just that much sweeter.
Embrace the taste and texture of pure joy found only in the rich, extra thick creaminess of NEW DREYER’S Frozen Custard.
Don’t forget to stop in below and tell me what you would top your custard with or what kind of sundae or split you would make!
OLD FASHIONED CUSTARD SMALL SPLIT
Yield 1 Sundae
Old fashioned DREYER'S custard with toppings.
- 1 scoop DREYER'S old fashioned custard Chocolate Malt
- 1 scoop DREYER'S old fashioned custard Old Fashioned Vanilla
- 1 can whipped topping; one spray
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 teaspoon sprinkles
- ½ banana
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- In a small bowl, add half of banana sliced into halves.
- Top with one scoop vanilla and one scoop chocolate malt custard.
- Add one tablespoon chocolate syrup and one spray of whipped topping.
- Add some sprinkles and top with a cherry. Serve.
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!