When it comes to fresh mozzarella cheese we are obsessed with it. Often I can find my husband sneaking into the cheese drawer to find some. After all, it came as no surprise when he noticed on the meal plan that Margherita Chicken was listed. Margherita Chicken is a great weeknight meal to pop into the oven and bake.
With Fall just around the corner this is one to put on those menu meal plans. Furthermore, I just love the cheesy gooey fun this dish is. When it comes to fresh basil I could live in a field of it with it’s aromatic sweet smell rolling through the windows. Of course, I would need a garden full of tomatoes too! Fresh tomatoes and basil is one of my most favorite snacks or appetizer.
Certainly, my husband would agree since he just bought this massive basil plant that he planted in my tea cup planter. Now, I have fresh basil for all the meals I love like this Margherita Chicken and other dishes like bucatini all’amatriciana. Above all this is totally making me crave a charcuterie board. Therefore it’s going on my menu meal plan for next week.
Date night doesn’t always have to be that you go out somewhere. Sometimes it’s nice to just sit in with a good bottle of wine, a great movie, and a charcuterie board. Then again I love olives and wine. Definitely must be a Pinot Gregorio or Moscato to flow well with the board. Almost certainly you would find some cantaloupe on my charcuterie board.
Lastly, I have to say that I know when my husband loves or dislikes my cooking. Certainly, the key is does he go back for seconds. Honestly, had I would have had more chicken then entire house along with my son’s friends would have scarfed this down. As a result I will know for next time! Do you enjoy basil as much as me?
Watch The Video:
- 1 large chicken breast; sliced lengthwise into thirds
- 1 can tomato sauce; 8 oz
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic
- 7 slices of fresh mozzarella
- 1 roma tomato; sliced
- 4 fresh basil leaves; sliced
- Wash chicken and place in baking dish.
- Top with tomato sauce. Spread the sauce.
- Add garlic and spread well over chicken.
- Top with Italian seasoning. Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes. Broil for 5 minutes on high until cheese is melted.
- Pull from oven and top with fresh basil.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Photographer, Writer, Traveler, Food Courtesan, Dog Devoted, Movie Enthusiast!