Purple, green, and gold jello shots with different liquors.
- 3 – 4 packs of clear gelatin (16 total)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut rum
- 1/2 cup silver rum
- 1/2 cup cinnamon infused rum (see notes)
- 1 drop purple food gel
- 1 drop green food gel
- 2 drops gold food gel
- whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Boil water as directed for each pack of clear gelatin.
- Set out three bowls. Do each bowl after each layer sets. Don’t add to all three bowls at once. The gold layer will need to set first and so on. Add 1/2 cup cold water to each. In one bowl add 1/2 cup coconut rum. Another bowl add 1/2 cup silver rum. Last bowl add 1/2 cup cinnamon infused rum.
- Add 1 cup hot water to each bowl and whisk well. In the cinnamon bowl add gold food gel. In the silver rum bowl add green food gel. In the cinnamon infused rum layer at purple food gel. Whisk well.
- Pour the gold layer into the cups about 1/3 way up the cup. Set in fridge till it sets about two hours. Make the next color green. Pour in about 1/3 and let set in fridge till solid. Repeat for the purple layer.
- Once the purple layer has set top with whipped topping and cinnamon.
Take the rum at least 24 hours before and set some cinnamon sticks in it. The cinnamon flavor will infuse. You can also buy cinnamon rum but we like to infuse the silver rum with cinnamon then use it.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mardi Gras Jello Shots