Cake mix for a mardi gras cinnamon swirl loaf.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 drops green food gel
- 2 drops purple food gel
- 2 drops yellow food gel
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 jar cream cheese icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake mix as directed on the box. Separate about 1/3 cup into three bowls. This is for the coloring.
- In each bowl drop two drops of food gel. Stir well.
- Line baking loaf pan with parchment paper. Fill with white cake mix. Drop in other colors of the cake mix. Then do a figure eight to mix the colors on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on a rack for 1 hour.
- Use icing to ice the top of the cake loaf. Top with cinnamon. Slice and serve for mardi gras fun!
You can add two tablespoons of coconut rum or bailey’s irish cream to the icing for more flavor. You can also replace the oil with applesauce and water for coffee for a different flavor all together.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: Mardi Gras Cinnamon Swirl Loaf