Low Carb Shrimp Scampi is plated with asparagus to replace the noodles.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound 16/20 medium raw shrimp; peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons garlic; minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup white wine; pinot grigio
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice; freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1lb bundle asparagus;
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 carrots; y-peeled
- 1 cup zucchini; peeled and half mooned
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet. Wash asparagus and place on parchment paper. Top with salt and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Peel and de-vein shrimp. Wash shrimp and set aside. Wash broccoli and cut into smaller sections. Peel zucchini and quarter then cut into half moons. Then peel the carrot with a y peeler to make long strips.
- Turn pot to medium heat. Add garlic, vegetable stock, white wine, and butter. Add broccoli and saute for 2 minutes. Add in shrimp and zucchini. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes until shrimp is cooked and pink. Broccoli should be tender. At the 5 minute marker add zucchini and carrots.
- Top with salt and pepper.
- Remove asparagus from the oven and plate. Then plate the rest of the shrimp scampi over the top,
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Low Carb Shrimp Scampi