Linzer cookie filled with lingonberry jam and covered in powdered sugar.
- 480 grams all purpose flour
- 280 grams unsalted butter
- 140 grams sugar
- 1 lemon; zested
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- Mix flour with the butter first in the stand mixer until crumbled. Then slowly add all the other ingredients.
- Divide the dough in half and make two round balls. Wrap it in the plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the first ball of dough. Cut out the cookies with a small round cookie cutter. Cut out the other half of the dough with the same cookie cutter first and than with a smaller one make a smaller cut out in the middle of the cookie.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet. Place cookie tops and bottoms onto the sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes till very lightly golden on edges. If your cookies are burning your oven runs to hot you will need to decrease the temperature or time.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Once the cookies have cooled add a small lump of lingonberry jam to the bottoms and press the top cookie with cutout lightly onto the bottom cookie.
- Shift powdered sugar over the tops of the cookies. Store in airtight container.
This post is in grams. Use this conversion table or a scale to convert the ingredients from grams to cups.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Czech
Keywords: Cookies, Linzer, Lingonberry