Last week I spend days reading about vegetable spiralizers. There has to be dozens on the market now. After reading though I finally picked one up from Amazon. I bought the OXO handheld one since I know and trust the brand. Then I started to think of recipes I would like to make. This Italian Goulash Zoodles was one I came up with for my son’s best friend to eat with us as he is gluten free. Not by choice but because he is allergic.
I love to find ways that he can still enjoy the food we eat. What’s great is that now we can use the spiralizer for him and the many salads we like to make. Currently we are working towards more Czech recipes for the blog. One we make is an apple and carrot salad. It’s so tasty but with spiralizer it will make the apples and carrots look neat in the dish too. Plus I have to say it takes out half the work.
Really the possibilities that this little gadget can make is amazing! It’s the foodie in me that is so excited to create new recipes. Just the idea that fresh salads can be make with ease I know that it is definitely going to be among my favorite tools in the kitchen. What can be better than a tool that makes vegetables look so pretty in pictures.
Do you own a spiralizer? I am really curious as to what recipes you’ve made if you do. How fantastic it would be to share recipes. Please if you have one feel free to link me to it in the comments. Just like I am sharing my grandmother’s recipe for goulash and making something new as in Italian Goulash Zoodles!Print
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 white; diced
- 3 cloves of garlic; peeled and pressed
- 1 green bell pepper; diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans stewed tomatoes; 14.5 oz
- 1 tomato sauce; 28 oz
- 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
- 2 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- In a large sauce pot add in your chopped onions, peppers, garlic, and one tablespoon olive oil.
- Saute for about 2 minutes. Add a little salt and then add in your ground beef. Stirring frequently, breaking up your meat while browning. Once your meat is browned add in paprika and Worcester sauce.
- Then add in your four cans of stewed tomatoes and large can of tomato sauce. Bring to a low boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Spiralize your zucchini. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix zoodles with sauce. Serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian