It’s Summer BBQ season with the 4th right around the corner many of us are getting ready to light up the grill. Just like me, I am sure many of you have a go-to Summer salad recipe. For a little fun for the 4th, I invite all of my blogging friends to share their favorite Summer salad recipes. This can be a new or old post just has to be a Summer salad recipe.
Here is a simple Summer salad recipe for Italian garden pasta salad that I use when the last minute BBQ happens. To share your recipe click the “add your link” button below.
- 1 lb bag of garden rotini pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 6 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 2 bundles of spring onions (chopped; keep chives)
- 1 bottle Italian dressing of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fill a large pot with water and one tablespoon of olive oil and bring to a boil. Once boiling at pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until done. Drain pasta and let cool.
- Add pasta to a large bowl with tomatoes, spring onions, salt and pepper; toss well. Drizzle with Italian dressing till desired coating; toss well again. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until cool and serve.