Slow cooked beef topped on sandwich bread with peperoncini’s.
- 1 jar of peperoncini’s
- 1 32 oz container of beef broth
- 4 lbs beef bottom round roast (not chuck roast)
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Hoagie rolls, baguette, or preferred bread
- In a crock pot, add beef bottom round roast and top with beef broth. Add in crushed tomatoes and all of the juice from the peperoncini’s. Use half of the peperoncini’s in the pot and reserve the rest for garnish. Top with fresh cracked pepper and salt. Turn crock pot to high.
- Once the crock pot has warmed to high and the water has been simmer/boiling for a good hour or two you can reduce the heat to low and let cook overnight. Pull the roast apart and drop into the juice and set the heat to warm to keep a warm temperature for serving.
- Slice bread down one side and fill with beef. Make sure to add some of the juice over the top flavor your meat and the bread. Garnish with fresh peperoncini’s and/or red onion.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian