Simple and budget friend white bean soup with ham chunks.
- 1 lb pre cooked ham; diced
- 2 cups great northern white beans; dried not soaked
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups white onion; diced
- 1 – 28 oz container vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cut onion and place into instant pot. Add in washed beans and precooked cut ham.
- Pour in vegetable broth and water.
- Add in garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and bay leaves.
- Give it a good stir. Lock lid and place valve in sealed position.
- Set to high pressure for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting let it naturally release for 25 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.
- Serve with corn bread. See notes if you have pre soaked beans.
If you have pre soaked beans only cook on high pressure for 40 minutes then quick release. Do not do a natural pressure release.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot White Bean Ham