What some may not know is that I honestly am not the hugest fan of meat. I love a few things like Cesky Gulas and pepperoni. See I used to be vegetarian due to medical conditions. Then I met my husband and I went right back into eating meat again but not every day like he does. I’ve challenged him to see the health benefits from not eating meat as much and see what more of a plant based diet could do for him and his asthma. We plan to share some of the recipes we make like this instant pot vegan bean tacos that I haven’t made in over a decade.
Having fibro I changed my diet (not fad diets) but my actual diet or lifestyle to eat food that help with inflammation, immunity, and etc. Garlic and ginger are a high part of my recipes because I love all the health benefits. Over the years, I’ve had many friends that eat junk food, pop pills, and wonder why they are so sick. Honestly, I always said look at your diet for one minute just one.
Believe or not that can play a huge roll in how you feel. My doctor tried himself to go away from gluten because he had heard that it helps with asthma. I think all the foods we eat can affect people differently. For instance, when I drink orange juice or coffee I am up all night making my insomnia worse. Funny right?
I am not telling you this so you go to a plant based diet or so you jump on some trend. Just take a moment and see that eating fruits and vegetables won’t hurt you. In fact, it can help with heart disease, diabetes, and so much more. Say your a meat lover well that’s great but what would it hurt to make two days a week non meat days. Try it! You never know what new foods you might find that you like. Plus you will be helping the environment in so many ways.
My husband likes chick peas and I don’t. However, I love eggplant! Oh and zucchini which I used to hate as a kid. Few years back, I tried ratatouille which truly was life changing. How can vegetables be comfort food? Say what! Well, I hope you enjoy some of our new vegan and vegetarian recipes. If you have suggestions feel free to link us or comment below!
Instant Pot Vegan Bean Tacos
Yield 12 Tacos
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 1 white onion; sliced into strips
- 1/2 red onion; diced
- 1 red bell pepper; sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper; sliced into strips
- 1/3 bundle of cilantro; chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes; diced
- 1 large hass avocado; sliced
- 12 fresh tortillas (corn, flour)
- Salsa (optional for topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In the instant pot or pressure cooker, add in beans, white onion, and peppers. Top with salt and pepper. Set to high pressure for 2 minutes. Use quick pressure release.
- Dice the red onion, roma tomatoes, and cilantro for topping onto the taco.
- Place bean mixture in the tortilla and top with tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro.
- Salsa is optional.