Roasted beef tenderloin with a carrot gravy over dumplings.
- 2 1/2 lbs beef tenderloin or beef round roast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 carrots; chopped
- 4 celery; chopped
- 1 onion; chopped
- 5 whole allspice
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Wondra flour
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Set instant pot to saute mode. Add roast with onions and sear all sides of roast.
- Turn off saute mode. Add 1/2 cup broth. Place lid on instant pot and lock. Place pressure valve to close. Set to high pressure for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Once instant pot stops counting quick release the pressure.
- Open lid. Add in carrots, celery, allspice, peppercorns, and bay leaves. Replace lid on top. Lock lid. Turn pressure valve to close. Set to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once instant pot stops counting quick release pressure.
- Remove roast to cutting board.
- With an immersion blender or using a blender blend all of the vegetables and herbs.
- Add in lemon juice, half and half, 1/2 cup chicken broth, and wondra flour to vegetable gravy. Set to saute mode. Cook stirring often until sauce is thickened.
- Serve topped over sliced roast with dumplings. May also be served with noodles or rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Czech
Keywords: Instant Pot, Czech, Svíčková