When dinner needs to be easy, healthy, and full of iron my first thought is soup. Instant Pot Steak and Potato Soup is an easy way to do dinner with plenty of nourishment. Loaded with steak, potatoes, and mushroom even your non soup eaters will love this soup.
Packed with iron and good vitamins this soup is great for those cold winter days. The soup comes together in less than 30 minutes. This is why I love the instant pot. Tender beef in just 20 minutes.
Tricks for Instant Pot Steak and Potato Soup:
The trick to have the beef or steak done in just 20 minutes is to saute it first. While I am cutting the potatoes and mushrooms I already have the beef and onion in the instant pot on saute mode.
Saute and High Pressure:
Doing this lock in the moisture to the meat. Once I have the mushrooms and potatoes cut I add those to the pot too. The saute mode will also help warm up the instant pot so when you put it to the high pressure mode it takes less time to come to pressure.
Toss the meat and the potatoes altogether to get them distributed evenly. This is when I add the salt and pepper in order to coat everything evenly. Add int he stock and water.
Top it off with the bay leaves and cook for 20 minutes on high pressure. Most models have a high pressure or manual button this is what you’ll push for high pressure. This recipe was made in an instant pot duo plus 6 quart model.
If you plan to make this recipe in a instant pot 8 quart pot I suggest following the water directions and broth accordingly. You may even adjust to add more meat, potatoes, and remaining ingredients as the pot can hold more and make more.
For more instant pot recipes don’t forget to stop by our instant pot section. There is plenty of soups, stews, and even great dinner recipes. We hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Steak and Potato Soup.Print
Soup with potatoes, steak, and mushrooms made in the instant pot.
- 6 red potatoes
- 1 lb steak meat or stew beef (round or petite sirlion)
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms; sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 large white onion; diced
- 1 – 32 oz beef broth
- 2 to 3 cups water (to fill line)
- Set instant pot to saute mode. Add in onions and beef. Saute until beef is lightly browned on the outside.
- Turn off saute mode. Add in diced potatoes, mushrooms, and bay leaves. Pour in beef broth and about 2 to 3 cups water to max fill line in a 6 quart pot. In an 8 quart pot you won’t hit the fill line. Eye ball this to make sure there is enough liquid. If you feel you need more water add some.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Set the valve to seal then put on high pressure for 20 minutes. Once the pot stops counting release the pressure. Serve with buttered bread.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Steak and Potato Soup