- 1 lb package spaghetti pasta
- 1– 24 oz pasta sauce
- Parmesan cheese; for topping
- 1 white onion; diced and optional
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 85/15 – 1lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 – 14.5 0z diced tomatoes
- Turn instant pot on saute mode and cook ground beef and onions.
- Turn off instant pot. Break spaghetti in half and place on top of the meat.
- Pour sauce and canned diced tomatoes over the top. Make sure to cover all the of the noodles.
- Add one cup of water. Place lid on instant pot and set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release pressure when the instant pot is done counting.
- Open pot and make sure that any noodles that are sticking together to use a fork and separate. If sauce is thick add a half cup of water. If liquid is still a lot then your pasta will be fine.
- Place lid back on pot and set to high pressure for 5 more minutes. Once the instant pot is done counting then quick release pressure.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese. Please read notes for more.
Cook time can vary due to the type of pasta you use. If using a thinner pasta then take the time down a few minutes. For thicker pasta then up a few minutes. Always judge by the sauce you use too. Some sauces are thinner than others. Some sauces are thicker. Thicker sauces need more water. If your getting a burn notice make sure you have the meat on bottom and add a little more water.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 11.3g
- Sodium: 992.3mg
- Fat: 19.6g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 17.7g
- Protein: 19.8g
- Cholesterol: 64.1mg
Keywords: Instant Pot, Spaghetti