When it comes to have chicken soup in the summer I like to make sure it’s full of color, herbs, and vegetables. It must come with a touch of lemon to make it feel like summer rather than feel like your eating soup in summer. This Instant Pot Rosemary Chicken Zoodle Soup is a light, refreshing, and comforting soup. Perfect for those Summer days you feel like staying in the air conditioning and binge watch your favorite series.
Additionally, I love that this is Instant Pot Rosemary Chicken Zoodle Soup gluten free, dairy free, corn free, whole 30, and keto friendly. While this is an instant pot recipe I am also going to add the stove top directions for those that do not have a instant pot.
However, you should seriously consider one. They are pretty awesome! Make my cooking time cut in half and more time to write here which I love. They make meat just come apart and I can cook just about any vegetable in half or a third of the time.
When the zoodle craze hit about a year or so ago I bought the coolest tool to make zoodles. We used it for carrots, zucchini, and potatoes. It was fabulous for summer salads because it added character and texture to the dishes. Most of all we feel in love with it for noodles. While we still clearly eat pasta it’s nice to change it up sometimes and get a little more vegetables into your diet.Print
- 5 carrots; sliced
- 4 stalk celery; diced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast; cubed
- 1 white onion; diced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 – 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 to 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons garlic; may add more or less
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 zucchini; made into zoodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and cracked black pepper
- Diced onion and chicken. Set instant pot to saute mode. Add olive oil, chicken, and onion. Saute until chicken is browned.
- Once chicken is browned top with celery, carrots, and broth. Stir in the rosemary, thyme, and turmeric. Add in garlic and lemon juice. Fill with water to fill line inside pot. Top with salt and pepper. Give it a good stir.
- Set instant pot to high pressure for 8 minutes. Release pressure as soon as it’s done counting.
- Make zucchini noodles and once pressure is release at to the instant pot. Leave on keep warm. Place noodles in pot and stir. Let sit for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
Stove Top Directions:
- Diced onion and chicken. Add olive oil, chicken, and onion to your dutch oven (soup pot). Saute until chicken is browned.
- Once chicken is browned top with celery, carrots, and broth. Stir in the rosemary, thyme, and turmeric. Add in garlic and lemon juice. Fill with 2 cups water. Top with salt and pepper. Give it a good stir.
- Simmer on low to medium heat for about 20 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Make zucchini noodles. Add noodle to pot with the pot at a low temperature. Stir often for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot, Rosemary Chicken, Zoodle, Soup