With Cinco De Mayo around the corner making your own refried beans is a must! This simple instant pot recipe for instant pot refried beans is great for burritos, tacos, and even dip!
Easy to make the beans both spicy or not. It’s all about the seasonings that are added. Here I added cumin, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper. However, a little jalapeno, chili powder, or cayenne powder could be added for heat.
For refried beans the best beans to use are pinto beans. Soaking the beans before hand cuts down on cook time. However, the beans do not have to be soaked. If you soak the beans just cut 15 minutes off the cook time.
After making these pinto beans in the instant pot we like to use them in bean and beef burritos. The great thing is it can be use in a 7 layer bean dip. Even some simple easy bean tacos for vegetarian meals.
Gluten free, dairy free, and egg free this is something that great for people with allergies. Make it up and place in the fridge with a cover and warm up later to serve as a side dish at a party.
Instant Pot refried beans is one easy bean dish to make in the pot. I love doing this for easy and budget friendly dinners. I also love using it for my bean dips since I can control the flavors. Don’t forget to check out some other Cinco De Mayo recipes below.
Cinco De Mayo Recipes
- 1lb small bag pinto beans (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic (more if you love garlic)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Wash beans in a strainer. Add them to the instant pot. Pour in four cups beef broth.
- Add in cumin, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper. Give it a good stir. Place the lid on the instant pot.
- Set the valve to the sealed position. Press the pressure cook or manual button and set time to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure by opening the valve. Once the pressure has released and the pin has dropped open the lid.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the beans. This will make them thick and creamy. Once blending if you feel like more liquid is need you can add a little water and blend. However, we do not add liquid and like the thickness and flavor of the beans from the broth alone.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 951mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g
For more on our nutrition disclaimer https://mooshujenne.com/nutrition-disclaimer/