Pie Pumpkin pressure cooked in the instant pot for pumpkin puree.
- 1 cup water
- 1 pie pumpkin
- Place trivet into the instant pot. Add one cup water.
- Cut top off pumpkin and remove seeds and pulp strings from the inside.
- Place pumpkin into the instant pot. Place lid onto to the instant pot. Set the valve to sealed position. Press high pressure, pressure cook, or manual button depending on your pot. Set time to 20 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure by turning the valve to the unsealed position.
- Insert fork into the pumpkin from the inside and make sure it easily goes to the skin. That’s how you know the pumpkin is ready. If not, than recook for a few more minutes. Some pumpkins are tougher than others so adjust to the thickness.
- Remove skin from pumpkin and then blend in food processor for use in pies, desserts, and chili.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Puree, Pie Pumpkin