- 6 red skin potatoes; peeled
- 6 carrots; quartered
- 1 white or yellow onion; diced
- 1 red bell pepper; diced
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or other thickener; optional
- In the instant pot/pressure cooker, add in potatoes, onions, carrots, and red peppers. Stir well.
- Top with garlic and curry powder. Stir well. Fill instant pot with vegetable stock until half of the vegetables are covered. Do not cover vegetables. The liquid should only be half the amount of the vegetables in order to get the thickness you need for the curry.
- Place thyme on top. Set to high pressure and cook for 12 minutes. Wait five minutes after count down in order to release pressure manually.
- Remove lid and stir well. If not desired thickness turn to saute mode and add cornstarch stir well. This should thicken in less than 2 minutes. Turn off heat. Serve with jasmine or white long grain rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Instant Pot