Frozen beef meatballs steamed in the instant pot and covered with a teriyaki sauce.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- 28 oz frozen beef meatballs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- spring onions for topping
- Pour water into the pot. Insert steamer basket. Pour in meatballs and add pineapple. Make sure the meatballs are all around the steamer. Place lid on the pot. Close valve. Set to pressure cook and set timer to 6 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps; release pressure. Remove meatballs and pineapple to a bowl. Drain liquid from instant pot. Add meatballs and pineapple back to the pot.
- Set instant pot to saute mode. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix together garlic, ginger, teriyaki sauce, corn starch, and brown sugar. Whisk well.
- Pour mixture over meatballs. Stir lightly until the sauce starts to thicken. Once it thickens turn off instant pot. Serve meatballs over rice topped with spring onions.
May sub brown sugar for honey. May sub cornstarch for other thickeners.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Instant Pot Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs