Instant Pot Peruvian Chicken Soup is a wonderful change up from traditional chicken soup.
- 1 poblano pepper; de-seeded and diced
- 1 white onion; diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 serrano; diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken; skin removed
- 10 mini yellow potatoes; quartered
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 bundle fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime; juiced
- 1 teaspoon maggi
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Place diced onion, poblano pepper, serrano pepper, and garlic into the blender. Add two cups chicken broth and puree.
- Pour mixture into the instant pot. Shred chicken from rotisserie removing skin and place chicken into the instant pot. Pour in the remaining chicken broth and water.
- Quarter potatoes and add to the instant pot. Place lid on instant pot and set pressure valve to close. Set to high pressure for 8 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting quick release pressure.
- Turn instant pot to saute and add in peas and carrots. Cook for about 3 minutes until carrots are tender.
- To the blender add a 1/3 cup water, lime juice, and cilantro bundle. Blend well.
- Pour this while stirring into the soup. Top with maggi. Add salt and pepper. Stir well and turn off saute mode.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Peruvian
Keywords: Peruvian, Instant Pot, Soup