- 1 lb stir fry beef (or skirt steak)
- 1 red bell pepper; quartered
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 green bell pepper; quartered
- 1 bundle spring onion; quartered
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Chop bell peppers and spring onions. Set aside.
- Place beef into the instant pot with 3/4 cup water and one tablespoon soy sauce. Set to high pressure for 20 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting release the pressure after 5 minutes via quick release.
- Drain juice from beef.
- Mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and hoisin sauce. Stir well.
- Add bell peppers and spring onions to the instant pot and place the pot on saute mode. Stir fry vegetables for about 3 minutes with the beef.
- Pour in sauce and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until it caramelizes around the beef.
- Serve with steamed white rice with chives from the spring onions.
To make gluten free – use gluten free soy sauce
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Chinese