Frozen meatballs steamed and tossed in sauce with sauteed peppers.
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs
- 2 bell peppers; chopped colors of choice
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place water into instant pot. Set basket trivet inside. Pour in frozen meatballs and set to 8 minutes high pressure (your meatballs are slightly less frozen please reduce the time). Release pressure when instant pot stops counting.
- Once the pressure has been released remove the meatballs to a bowl. Drain the insert pot and place back into the instant pot.
- In a separate measuring cup, add in garlic, ginger, brown sugar (can be replaced with honey), soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. If replacing brown sugar with honey use 1 tablespoon cornstarch to thicken as the brown sugar is the thickener. Stir sauce. Add meatballs back to the pot and set the pot to saute mode. Add in peppers.
- Pour in mixture over the meatballs and peppers. Stir well. It will start to thicken once it does turn off heat and remove meatballs and peppers to a bowl. Top with sesame seeds, black cracked pepper, and serve with rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Instant Pot Pepper Beef Meatballs