Orange Beef Meatballs made in the instant pot and topped with spring onions and sesame seeds.
- 28 oz frozen beef meatballs; home-style not Italian
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (may use honey instead)
- 1 cup water
- spring onions for topping
- sesame seeds for topping
- Pour water into the pot. Insert steamer basket. Pour in meatballs. Make sure the meatballs are all around the steamer. Place lid on the pot. Close valve. Set to pressure cook and set timer to 6 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps; release pressure. Remove meatballs to a bowl. Drain liquid from instant pot. Add meatballs back to the pot.
- Set instant pot to saute mode. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix together garlic, ginger, soy sauce, orange juice, corn starch, and brown sugar. Whisk well.
- Pour mixture over meatballs. Stir lightly until the sauce starts to thicken. Once it thickens turn off instant pot. Serve meatballs over rice topped with spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Instant Pot Orange Beef Meatballs